I took extensive notes at the Same-Gender Marriage & Religious Freedom conversation. I put on a white shirt, black pants, and my wing tips. I would have combed my homosexual hair, but it is still pretty short.

Local television reporter Lupita Murillo, a very petite 50-something, moderated the discussion. Rev. Dr. C. Welton Gaddy of the Interfaith Alliance was for same sex marriage. Maggie Gallagher of the National Organization for Marriage was against.



















Maggie, Lupita, and Welton.

I sat in the third row, I was one of only three or four homos in the crowd. I don't think the event was particularly well advertised, I only knew about it because I happened across a short blurb in that archaic thing known as a newspaper.

Things I learned about Ms. Gallagher: she doesn't use birth control and she is diabetic. Also, marriage is only for straight people who fuck monogamously and if faggots are allowed to get married then anybody, including two sisters, should be allowed to do so. Even cocksuckers who get married in places like Massachusetts, that's not a real marriage, according to Maggie Gallagher.

























Maggie.

The sister thingy did not go over well with the crowd, which was made up mostly of very liberal religious folks. Rev. Dr. Waddy's message of tolerance, separation of church and state, and the need to bring together people of differing viewpoints was much better received. Maggie kept harping on the need for a father in the family (but two fathers=bad), and the "powerful attraction of sex."

I note that although she has been married since 1993, Maggie does not wear a wedding band. What's up with that?

She has lost. She is in it for the money, the fact that she gets to be on television, and her own sorta of martyrdom. But she has lost and she knows it. I tried to feel hatred toward her, but instead I just feel pity that she is wasting her life away. That is pretty pathetic.