Well, what have I been up to? Not really paying attention to the news, I watched some telly the other night and the political ads were just ridiculous. I went to Ms. Ruth McClung's website (the Republican running against my US Representative) and it was like looking at some high school student's term paper. She claims she is a rocket scientist. Right.

Work is going well, I am still gainfully employed. The shingles pain has largely subsided and I correctly diagnosed someone else as having this affliction.

Last night I made another batch of watermelon rind pickles, using half brown sugar instead of refined white sugar. They come out much darker, although I think the taste is probably the same. Someone asked why I am making them- Holiday presents!





















Brown sugar watermelon rind pickles.

Is it just me, or is Facebook just getting boring?