Forest and I traveled north on Thursday afternoon, in Flagstaff Evan awaited us for an adventure.


On the way.

We had some pizza and beer and went on a late-night hike.

Evan and Forest.

Once again I saw no elk.

Late night exposure.

The next morning we crammed into Evan's truck and went to see some sites.

We are pouty.

At one point we climbed way up and I took a photo.

When I climbed down I had a perilous moment.

Forest realized his dreams of becoming a cheerleader.

Mascot for the Tumbleweeds. 

We climbed in the Focus and headed east on I-40.

The scenery was pretty.

That night we went to Little Anita's in Albuquerque. The food was grody. Forest developed unfortunate symptoms. While I attended a conference on Saturday, he and Evan had a harrowing adventure involving the car, ice, and a truck from Georgia.

That night we went to a diner.

I had a grilled cheese, onion rings, and a shake.

Forest was still feeling a bit off.

He also had a milkshake.

The next morning I returned to the conference. Evan and Forest went hiking in the Sandias.

Mountain climber Evan.

The scenery was pretty.

Sandias.

My talk was the last one of the conference and I did a great job. We left Albuquerque at 4:00 PM.


Driving west on I-40.

I arrived home at 2:00 AM and was out at the work site at 8:30. I am a tad groggy as I type this.